
I was a wreck on Wednesday night. I thought up a number of things that could go wrong during surgery number 2. Some were actual concerns, but most were made up by the over-active hamster in my head.
Imagine my surprise when we checked in for surgery at Northwestern on Thursday morning and my patient number was 33. Yes ... it's my lucky number. At that very moment, I decided not to go running from the facility as previously planned and instead to take a deep breath and smile. I was going to be alright. This is a picture of me with my dashing, soulful, amazing, supportive hubby .. my wingman, my medical advocate, my love .... AND the piece of paper that was given to us when we checked in displaying my lucky number!

This is me right before surgery trying to stay warm. Eric and I were experts the second time around.

AND this is me post surgery with my Au Bon Pan Arizona Chicken Sandwich with extra extra sauce! YUM! They did both the Port a Cath insertion and the Bone Marrow Biopsy. Not only did the doctors do a significant amount of work to coordinate both teams (the surgeon did the Port and the Oncology team did the Bone Marrow), but my Oncologist actually came to the surgery! That's unheard of. I think he wanted to make sure everything went well since I fainted during the first Bone Marrow. My ocologist rocks! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment