Here are a couple blogs of those people who have gone down this road before me. The first is georgeflorentine.blogspot.com. George is a long-time friend of Eric's who just went through this same exact cancer earlier this year. The only difference is that he was (barely) in stage 3a and right now we believe that I am in 2a. He is now cancer free. What I love about George's blog is that he's a super healthy, fit athlete. He tried to eat vegan for much of the treatment, and he biked to chemo as often as he could. He lives in Boulder and spends a good deal of time biking in the mountains which of course I don't do here in Chicago. When I start to ask why I have this cancer, I think of George. Why does someone with such a healthy lifestyle have this cancer. And for that matter, why do so many teenagers have Hodgkin's? Yes, Hodgkin's preys upon the young and the young of heart. We're just unlucky. That's the last time you'll here me talk about "why." I'm done with the why. I'm ready for the challenge, the joy of kickin' Lymphoma butt (though you may need to remind me of this 3 months into chemo), and smelling the flowers one day at a time. May god bless our journey, teach us something new, and help us to live lives that align with god's will for us .... because I am certain something good will come from this even if we are unaware of what it is.
Here's another blog that George pointed us to. I haven't read it yet and we don't know Josh, but I believe it has more information about medication etc => josh-vs-lymphoma.blogspot.com.
Today, I went to the organic food market just down the street. I think I'd like to join an organic food coop. I also tried to buy two organic egg plants while I was there. They came to $9. I put them back on the figurative shelf.
........ until next time.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment