Wednesday, December 22, 2010


Here's a pic of me on December 3rd in the surgical prep room before the biopsy. (We're going back to a room like this today.)


Here's the end result of that biopsy - my scar! We visited the surgeon on Monday to make sure I was healing. You can see my scar in th photo up by my neck. It's not such a bad war wound to have.



This is me with my IV for the MUGA and the PET tests. Next to the bone marrow biopsy, these tests were like eating a snow cone at Cedar Point (best amusement park in the US; come on people!)

Today (Yes yes December 23rd) I go in for one more "minor" surgery. Enter the portacath. I'll explain more later, but basically it's a little device they put in my upper chest on my left side (they can do either side, but since the cancer is on the right...). The device makes it easier to access my veins. Basically it means that after 6 months of being stabbed with needles, I won't look like a pin cushion. AND, while I am in la la land, they will also do the bone marrow biopsy. I'm nervous about this one since they only did half of the procedure last time and I still have discomfort in my back.... but it's best to get it done. We need to know if there's cancer in my bone marrow which I don't think there is.

Anyhoot, while you're making your Christmas cookies, say a little prayer, cross your fingers ... we're hoping these little procedures are easy as christmas pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment