Tuesday, March 1, 2011

PET scan after 2 cycles is negative

I just got a call from the Nurse Practitioner. The PET scan was negative meaning that there was no detectable cancer. It means that the chemo is working. The nurse believes that the doctor will want to continue doing the 6 months of chemo, but will not advise doing radiation. This way if there is a recurrence, they can use radiation instead of going right to the stem cell transplant. This is great news!!! yeah. More soon...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kari,

    I have been thinking about you and am very glad to read your wonderful news!

    love,
    court

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! So excited for you. How are you? Did you get the wig styled yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God!! The PET scan news is fabulous!

    You're on quite a journey. Thanks for sharing it with us. Your Black Diamond philosophy is the only sane take on life, but oh how we resist it!

    Karen, you're beautiful. God bless you.
    Love always,
    Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't tell you how happy I am (for you, your family, and for all of us here at work) to hear such good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! =D Great news!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete