Saturday, March 19, 2011

Feeling .....

.... like crap. Eric, Bren and I made sure to get out in the sunshine today - played ball, shopped, ate dinner ... all necessary, minor distractions, but I still feel like .... crap. Mainly it's nausea ... eating is hard. I don't want to think about it too much ... don't want to vomit. I haven't felt sorry for myself all day. I was able to help a friend this morning. Helping someone else immediately turned off the mini violin that was drowning my sorrows.

I did receive "Hodgkin Lymphoma" by Richard Hoppe in the mail today. It's a medical textbook on Hodgkin's. Surprisingly, it isn't all that difficult to read, and I read a good chunk of it today. I also spoke to a friend of a friend who happens to be a radiation oncologist. He would do radiation in my case; it's the standard course of treatment. Still trying to decide whether to have radiation or not. Here's some other interesting facts:

1. Secondary cancers from radiation treatment are much more prevalent in a 22 year old than a 32 year old.
2. If the cancer recurs, it's usually found by the patient who complains of symptoms and not by a CT scan.
3. Lymphoma and Leukemia (Blood Cancer Awareness) day in Chicago is April 12th thanks to Mayor Daley.

With that, I'm signing off ... meditation time ... and then bed. Ugh.... if you feel healthy at the moment, be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kari. Sounds like you had a tough last weekend. Hang in there, girl! You are doing the hard work that will get you through this in one piece in time to have a great summer! I am sending you all sorts of positive, happy GI, no upset tummy vibes.

    Best, g

    ReplyDelete