Sunday, March 13, 2011

I feel good. No really ... I feel gooood. Apparently when I feel bad for a few days, the good days that immediately follow are really good. No ... I mean really good. It's like the moment you realize that you feel like yourself again after a bad illness ... only I get to have these moments every two weeks. Do I dare say it. No... I can't say it. Well alright, but I'm going to whisper it -- It's kind of fun. Now ask me if I still feel this way on Wednesday, and I may vomit on you.... graphic, but true.

The radiation or no radiation question is weighing on Eric and me. I added links to some websites below if you're intersted. The impossible balance -- do radiation and have a higher chance of getting rid of lymphoma the first time around, or don't do radiation and have a higher chance of being disease-free (breast cancer, heart disease, leukemia) 20, 30, 4o, 50 years from now. We're still trying to figure this one out.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/737540?src=smo_nur
http://forums.lymphoma.com/showthread.php?t=42163&highlight=radiation
http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/28/7/1232.full

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I TOTALLY get the "I feel good" thing. I'm having one of those days this morning. Did a pretty big ride (for me) on Saturday which was great, but then felt kind of punky all day yesterday. I'm dosing up on Neulasta in prep for harvesting my white blood cells and the growth of my WBCs makes me feel a little stuffy in the head. Combine that with a hard day on the bike and then lots of spring cleaning yesterday and I just felt kind of ahhh all day long.

    But after a good night's sleep, I woke up this morning ready to rock 'n roll. So I've come to really value the good days, because the not-so-good days get kind of wearing after a while. It's not "oh my god, I'm flat on my back all day" kind of bad. That's not the way we roll! But the "man, I'm just not diggin' it today" feeling does tend to drag you down.

    So enjoy the day! BTW, my hair is starting to try to make a comeback. Just in time to get blasted by some thunder chemo next week.

    Hey to Eric and the little guy. ttfn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all George - Get off the bike and back in bed ... AND look sick. You're making the rest of us look bad!

    I certainly know that oh so pukey feeling ... I'm glad we're going to be cured in 2011. By the fall we'll have so many good days strung together that we'll be bouncing off the walls with health and joy. Now if only we could bottle it.

    ReplyDelete