Thursday, May 5, 2011

The curly slide

I was beat on Tuesday.  After the wedding my minor cold turned into a cold with a cough and then a cough and a drippy nose.  I started Levaquin (an antibiotic) on Saturday, but it didn't kick in the way it did when I had my first cold (which I caught after the first wedding we attended; note to self ... no more weddings during chemo).  I called the nurse on Monday; she thought the meds just needed a few more days.  On Tuesday, I struggled to lift my arms above my head.  I was exhausted.  Have you ever been so tired that when your head hit the pillow, all the cells in your body hummed alleluia in unison?  yeah... that's it.  Brennan and I did the best we could.

I think it was a combo (I'm finding when I feel bad during chemo, it's a combo of crap instead of one large piece of crap) of body aches (I've been slacking on my water intake), the cold, exhaustion side effect of chemo (which accumulates with time), and the nasal drip into my stomach causing nausea.

Anyway, I woke up Wednesday morning with renewed energy! AND like I've said before when the bad days are bad, the good days are really really good.  We had a wonderful day at the park on Wednesday, and yes ... I know it is so so hard to believe, but Brennan went down the big curly slide all by himself.  What a guy!

Random Facts - 1 in 16,600 females in the US have Hodgkin's.
http://www.wolframalpha.com/entities/diseases/ih/jg/nl/

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, girlfriend! Your are doing the hard work to get healthy again. Glad to hear that your end of week was better than the beginning.

    ReplyDelete