Ever wonder why every two weeks I stop blogging for about 5 days? No .... thought not. I'll tell you anyway ... it's not easy to blog nauseous. Not easy to be witty ... not that I am when feeling well but at least I have half a chance at accidentally saying something amusing.
This last round was rough, but not for good reason. It was mostly due to an acupuncture session that I had the day after chemo. I went to a new acupuncturist since the one I normally go to is out of town. The session started normally enough, but then the acupuncturist said five little words, "I'm going to do aromatherapy." In my relaxed state, I felt that there was something wrong with this statement, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. The acupuncturist put an essential oil under my nose and instructed me to breathe in 5 times. As I was doing it, I subconsciously knew something was wrong, but I felt funny saying, "ummm... something is wrong breathing in your pure essential oil, but .... sorry... no clue what." After the acupuncturist left the room, it finally dawned on me. It was the same scent (lemon) that I smell right before chemo begins (on top of being super sensitive to smells - thanks to the chemo). My port has rested two weeks when I walk into chemo, so the nurse needs to draw out blood to make sure my port is usable. To draw out the blood she/he first injects saline. Now this saline at first was no big deal. I even scoffed at the warnings of those who had chemo-ed before me; whatever guys - this is a cake walk. But, yet again (you're not allowed to agree) I was very wrong .... so wrong, it's on the verge of hilarious. Well, I now use lemon to cover up the taste of the saline ... and we've come full circle.
The association between lemon and chemo is so strong that I almost can't bear to write this; I can feel a nauseous ache in my chest. So Kari .... stop writing and go think about oranges instead! Well wouldn't that be smart, but alas, the desire to blog has overwhelmed me and I can't help myself..... ummm yeah ... moving on ....
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment