I'm not an asshole (as my last post indicated), but I think the point was clear; I have decided to be involved in my treatment. I think y'all probably know that, but I wanted to clarify. The word asshole is a gross exaggeration.
I am about to leave for chemo #9! I am feeling like I'm in the 16th mile of a marathon (I don't have personal experience, but I believe that this is a pretty tough mile). I'm excited to have the next two chemos under my belt, so I can see the finish line. I've been writing on an online Hodgkin patient forum and there's a fellow patient with the Hodge who is exactly 3 weeks ahead of me in the same treatment plan. He posted on Sunday that he can see the finish line and he feels really good about it. I have 2.5 weeks until I'm in his exact spot. Surprisingly, this is very helpful to think about because 2.5 weeks is much for doable than 2 months. Did you catch "The Hodge?" If you use the Hodge instead of saying Hodgkin, your coolness factor goes up ... no really. Cool nicknames are all part of having a young persons disease!
I did wake up with a cold. Brennan and I walked around in the misty weather yesterday. Perhaps that's why I feel sick, or perhaps Brennan was sniffling before our walk and I caught the cold from him. Whichever way, I will probably put me back on antibiotics at my chemo session today. They did this a few months ago and after a several days of digestive issues the cold was gone. I'll keep you posted.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment