Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chemo #3 continued ...

I was happy to feel good on Friday. There is no doubt of that if you read my last blog; I'm downright giddy. The mouth pain did begin yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be as bothersome as it was during chemo #2. Perhaps this is because I sucked on ice during a portion of the chemo treatment. The medical staff has told me that ice has been proven ineffective, but too many laypeople have encouraged sucking on ice during treatment for me not to try it. I did discover it's hard to talk to my oncologist with large chunks of ice in my mouth, and it's hard to tell him to come back later when he told me not to chew on ice (and has the research to prove its ineffectiveness). Whatever dude.... proof schmroof.

Body aches started today. (According to the nurse, these body aches are only experienced by 15-20% of ABVD patients - completely useless information.) They are about the same as they were for chemo #2.

The biggest change between chemo #2 and chemo #3 is the hair loss. So far, it has been similar to post-pregnancy hair loss. For those who don't know, about six weeks after giving birth you lose quite a bit of hair. Soooooo ... I took a picture of the squirrel left behind after my shower ... and the possum in the sink after brushing my teeth ....... and Brennan and I posing with a runaway hamster... how are all those Superbowl hot wings feeling now?

How you ask... how did this post get past my managerial team (aka Eric)? He's sleeping at the moment; we'll see what happens tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kari!! I didn't know that this was happening. I am sending you a ton of prayers and love!!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the note Kelly and the prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete