Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Dentist

Today, I am excited to report that I went to the dentist.  I wasn't allowed to go to the dentist during chemo because one of the possible side effects of the chemo was poor blood clotting; I wasn't allowed to bleed on purpose.  In addition to having my teeth cleaned, I also had my front tooth sanded down.  I had chipped it the same month I was diagnosed with cancer.  (I think I still have some of the sand paper in my mouth... are they suppose to use that stuff?)

The house is moving right along.  It needed some TLC, so we're giving it the love before we move in.  House decision-making is interesting.  Questions like - how can we cheaply fix [enter myriad of general housing problems] and still have a house requiring the least amount of repair for the next few decades.  As many of you know, I'm a product of the depression, so I'm super cheap (I'm older than I look).  Eric is very good at being cheap too.  We both have clothes from high school ... they fit nicely next to each other in the closet.  I've always wondered how people can afford this season's hot new item ... but then again, I do have parachute pants ... somewhere.  Perhaps we should clean before we move.... i digress.

Home repair is well ... stressful, but not very stressful.  I once heard that home renovation is worse than med school, but so far, home repair is about as bad as flossing.  I just jinxed us ... didn't I?  Perhaps we owe our restful nights to our cruise-y contractor who ... well ... must have been an Australian surfer in a past life.  Back when I was traveling, one of my favorite lines came from a full-time snowboarder at Whistler who mid-afternoon proclaimed "there's a lot of day left" and then he proceeded to talk about whether he should "invent hacky-sack gloves" so your hands don't get cold while you're kicking the hacky-sack ball with your foot.  I digress ... again. Anyway, here's a shout out to George our contractor and friend.

There's a lot of night left, but I'm still going to catch some zzzzz's.

Oh yeah.... no one used sand paper ... really.


No comments:

Post a Comment