Monday, April 5, 2010

Why the moon if you haven't seen earth?

Today I want to talk about space travel. Mainly, why does one want to fly to the moon if they have yet to visit earth? Most Australian young people take time off after High School or after "college" to travel the world. Almost all New Zealand young people also do this. Why oh why are Americans (I am generalizing here. I am American and I travel, but for the sake of my Carpal Tunnel I am not saying "almost all" every time I use the word Americans) more interested in space travel than world travel. World travel does not mean Europe. That nice 1 month trip you took after college to ham it up in Prague does not count. Come on people! We're talking India, Laos, Argentina, Russia, Namibia, Syria ... I think the main reason is because Americans are unaware of how easy this is to do. Sounds strange, but I think it is true. Money money money ... I often hear that money is the excuse, but the typical young American has more money than the typical young Australian or Kiwi based on the fact that the US dollar is stronger and that minimum wage is higher. What the American doesn't know is that you don't need that much money to travel the world. Yes ... you will not live like a king .... you will stay in hostels, but who cares. Get yourself a job in High School, save $5000, and travel for 1 whole year all over the world. You can do it. You CAN do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment