Saturday, March 10, 2012

A microphone

I still don't know what the swelling is, but it is definitely real.  It's not cool.  I've decided to think about this swelling and related issues between the hours of 8 and 9 pm today - after Brennan's gone to bed.  In other words, I can't think about it now.

The Robbins' fam had a great night last night.  We decided to go to our favorite restaurant ... Pizza D.O.C (on Lawrence east of Western.  Go... it's good).  It was packed! But we were immediately seated to the last or almost last table.  A few minutes after we sat down, the guitar music began right next to our table.  The musician was fabulous.  His singing was better than most Idol's, and he was playing a mean acoustic guitar.  Brennan immediately started dancing in his chair.  He does a sort of reverse spin with his arms, and grins from ear to ear (It's the same grin I fell in love with five year ago when I met Eric; it shows almost every tooth.)  It didn't take long for three waitresses to line up in a row, stop working and stare at Brennan.   The audience had an audience.  What an absolute joy!

Brennan has inherited his love of music from his mum and pop ...we love it so much.  Josh Mollan ... if you're reading this, we need to meet around a fire sometime soon.  Josh is my cousin and a magical musician.  I grew up listening to him play his guitar around the campfire.

Bren's experience #2 - Before we left the restaurant, the musician said "Bye Brennan" into the microphone.  The first time Brennan's name has ever been said into a microphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment